Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Crying's not for me, no.

When I woke up this morning, it was raining. The shuttle was basically deserted - apparently, a lot of people just don't go to class on days that it rains - so the driver had one of the English-language radio stations on, and there were people calling in to report one and two hour delays between Heliopolis and downtown. A lot of the streets were flooding - they let me off the shuttle a block early because the normal drop point was under a few inches of water - and even though the streets were less crowded than usual, people were driving worse than usual.

I think it's like how people from Michigan make fun of everyone else when they get an inch of snow and cancel school and call in to work and drive like idiots; when it rains, everyone goes crazy.

2 comments:

Mary Fieber said...

It rains in Cairo??? I never imagined that .. . .

Anonymous said...

Lizzie, I'm lovin' your blog, it's almost like being there, living it through your critical and delighted eye. I haven't been commenting 'til now, but I'll deffo weigh in more regularly once I get in the habit, which this post is intended to start. Love you, and keep racking up these wonderful experiences!